- India’s foreign exchange reserves fell $11 billion in a month of May’18 and reached $415bn.
- Employees Provident Fund Organisation notifies 8.55% interest for 2017-18 from the present 8.65%.
- PM Modi attended the 49th convocation of Viswa Bharathi University in Santhiniketan with his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina.
- PM to inaugurate India’s first smart and green highway (Delhi-Meerut) Eastern Peripheral Expressway (EPE) built at a cost of Rs 11,000cr.
- Chennai Super Kings wins Indian Premier League by defeating Sunrisers Hyderabad at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Man of the Match – Shane Watson
Vivo Fair Play Award – Mumbai Indians
Purple Cap (most wicket-taker) – Andrew Tye
Orange Cap (most runs) – Kane Williamson
- Kummanam Rajaseharan is the new Governor of Mizoram.
- Man Booker International Prize to Polish author Ms Olga Tokarczuk for FLIGHTS – book on modern day travel.
- Congress- JDS formed assembly in Karnataka. Sri H D Kumaraswamy (JDS) sworn in as the Chief Minister of Karnataka. G. Parameswara will be the Deputy Chief Minister.